Monday, August 5, 2013

Ahhh!

Just reading Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller.

Made me finally come to a realization. Not exactly sure why, but I think it has to do with how simply it's written and how that finally let my brain and heart function correctly.

I think the reason I've been so hesitant to dropping my cares and worries and my selfish plans for my life and finally, finally just following God, being all-in, was because of the aftermath. Not that it would be tough, or that I might not like it. That it would be hard, hard as in I would have to do all of it. Me. I would have to put in all the work to make sure I stayed all-in, that I actually changed the world, and that I was a great, giving, and loving person.

But, HELLOOOO!! God is not just going to abandon me once I give myself to Him and His plans. That's pretty much the opposite! I'm not sure why I've been thinking of it that way for so long. But I'm glad He's finally revealed my wrong thinking to me.

Let's see what else God and this book can do!! :)

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment