Monday, April 21, 2014

Excitement

I'm sitting here, tearing up, wanting to jump up and down with pure excitement. Where is this coming from? I'm reading through the orientation packet for Honduras LT and I CANNOT FREAKING WAIT.

This is all that I've been working for- all the support raising I've done (through God's hands and the giving hearts of my supporters)- it's all for this.

I'M GOING TO HONDURAS. (Okay, not yet, but it's happening. IT'S REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.)

Paid or not, I'm going. I've raised more than enough to go as a participant. I'm at least GOING. I used to be all worried about getting paid but in all reality, it's going to be okay even if I'm not. God has eased my fears about that.

Does that mean that I doubt that God can make it happen? Definitely not. I am still hoping for some miracles to bring me from my current 68% to a FULL 100%. But there is some of me that wants to say, well if I just raise this much, I can still go, or I can still get paid just not as much...etc. If.

I have written on a post-it note on my wall that GOD is bigger than my "ifs." What a good reminder. I need that. Why should I reduce my goal because I'm scared, because I doubt ME?

Alright. I just had to get all that excitement out. Phew. Plus, I have been getting this feeling welling up inside me, growing stronger and stronger. I feel that I really truly am going to love it there, and it's going to feel like home. I know I adjust pretty easily to places, but I've never had this overwhelming feeling before that it will be home. Home.

I even ordered a passport card today and at the back of my mind was that, you know, I could be out of the country a lot in the next ten years and maybe this would really come in handy. Maybe my heart knows more of my future than I do, who knows?

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment