Sunday, May 19, 2013

Here it is.

Just watched The Office finale, and it's got me all emotional and nostalgic.

It makes me really excited for the rest of my life. Makes me think, want to cherish every single moment I have because you never know how much the littlest, silliest things can mean or how they can change your life forever.

And I'm about in tears right now just thinking about everyone leaving next year. I know I'll always know my best friends that I've made here. But there's still something intrinsically sad about leaving the place you grew up in. I may have started in Monroe, NC and continued in Wadsworth, OH, but so much has changed because of my experiences and the people I've met in Columbus, OH. I wish I could say it better, that I could type the words these tears are trying to express.

We're growing up. I guess when I was little, 21 seemed so far away. Marriage, kids, a "big girl" job...those were all so abstract. But now that 21 is only three months away and graduation a year and a half...I'm realizing I hardly know how I got here. I wish I had a documentary of my life, like The Office, so I could go back and look at all the little things that made me who I am, some that I didn't even realize. But I suppose I can't dwell on the past. Just be thankful for it.

I have a lot of love to give. A lot of love, but it's all from God. I guess I'm just scared I won't be able to get it all out, give it all away. But that's not my responsibility, I guess, to make sure that everyone is loved. All I can do is my best and let God do the rest.

My fears? Not for me. I'll be okay. I have so much joy and so much hope, in God and all He can do here on this earth. There are so many angels all around us, I'm convinced. And He'll make everything work out. I can't wait to see you all in heaven. And I want to do everything possible to make sure I see you. The pain of this earth breaks my heart. Maybe I have to realize that I don't need to do something big and spectacular with my life to change the world. Maybe it's just loving people. And I'm 100% okay with that.

Dang. I can hardly see what I've typed through my tears. I promise they're happy. They're excited tears. For your lives, for mine.

...This song (because music is the air I breathe) was the backdrop to this blog post. Take a listen, I love it. You can get this song on NoiseTrade.com if you like it (search bonnaroo) for free! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAiAJXkSe78

Life is good. God is good.

Peace & Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment